• April 1-5Spring Egg Hunt
  • April 5Farewell Rally
  • April 5Senior Prom Fashion Show
  • April 12Students vs. Teachers Dodgeball Game
  • April 15-19Spring Break

Homecoming: Football Game 23-24

On Oct. 20, the Vikings lost their homecoming game 44-6 to Monta Vista’s Matadors, another in a string of defeats that have plagued the team since the start of this season. Throughout the game, the stands were filled with enthusiastic students and alumni, including Don Dorfman of the Class of 1980 and Don Hilman of the Class of 1977, who expressed their continued support for Lynbrook.

“Even after all this time we’re still rooting for Lynbrook,” Dorfman and Hillman said. “We’ll always be a part of this school and will continue to be a big fan.”

Despite falling behind by 13 points in the first quarter, students remained optimistic.  ASB commissioners led a series of spirited chants, including ‘I believe that we will win’ and ‘You wish you were a Viking, hoo hah,’ while fan-favorite cheer team members like Mustafa Ipekci rallied the crowd, ensuring the supremacy of Viking pride in the stands. 

Halftime featured performances by the Valkyries, a hip-hop-inspired cheer routine, and a Toy-Box-themed show by the marching band and color guard. The homecoming court arrived in vintage cars, with seniors Dara Lin and Alison Ho crowned as the queens.

During the third quarter, the final rankings for homecoming performances were announced, with seniors claiming first place. When the homecoming trophy was given to the senior class officers, jubilation quickly swept the stands, with the classic senior chants of ‘24, 24, 24’ and ‘Hoo Haa, you wish you were a senior’ drowning out the announcers’ commentary of the game.  

In the fourth quarter, with mere seconds remaining and the Vikings trailing 44-0, number 11 and junior Justin Kim scored a touchdown, boosting the score to 44-6. The crowd which had started to dissipate, once again began their festive chants.

“The team kept fighting to the end and gave something for the crowd to actually cheer for,” head coach Jerome Holloway said.

In light of the team’s predominantly youthful roster, featuring just seven senior players, Holloway is optimistic about the coming years in regards to cultivating a stronger team.