Elizabeth Louie, Ronald Choi named employees of the year

Photos by Crystal Qian

Elizabeth Louie and Ronald Choi were named Lynbrook’s Certificated Employee of the Year and Classified Employee of the Year, respectively.

Crystal Qian, Copy Editor

Elizabeth Louie, Certificated Employee of the Year

After her first teaching stint in France, French teacher Elizabeth Louie returned to the Bay Area and eventually settled at Lynbrook, drawn to its motivated students, supportive administration and striking similarity to her own high school. Louie’s favorite aspect of teaching is witnessing her students discover the value of learning French. In a STEM-dominated milieu, she enjoys complementing students’ STEM education with humanities and fostering a well-rounded education.

“Earlier in high school, some students didn’t really understand or see the importance or value of learning the language, but over the years of having me as their teacher, they really opened up their perspectives, and I love that,” Louie said.

Ronald Choi, Classified Employee of the Year

Custodian Ronald Choi, who has worked at Lynbrook for 11 years, serves as one of Lynbrook’s night custodians, tending after the general maintenance and cleaning of classrooms. He chooses to continue working at Lynbrook for its wonderful teachers, coworkers and students.

“I was so surprised when I was awarded,” Choi said. “They spoiled me with what should really belong to the whole team.”