• April 1-5Spring Egg Hunt
  • April 5Farewell Rally
  • April 5Senior Prom Fashion Show
  • April 12Students vs. Teachers Dodgeball Game
  • April 15-19Spring Break

Winter Rally 2024: Supernatural

The gym plunged into darkness, revealing a spectacle of eye-catching lights, from multicolored glow sticks on students’ wrists to fairy lights strung across the floor. For the first time ever, ASB held a blackout Winter Rally on Friday, Jan. 26, where waves of energy and enthusiasm from white-clad students ran high. 

“The rally was very fun with the black lights and glowing white shirts,” freshman class treasurer and winter rally lead Erin Chen said. “I also really enjoyed the process of preparing for the rally, from spray painting t-shirts to rehearsing the class dance.”

The preparation efforts of each class were visible in their themed decorations. An inflatable green alien found its place among the freshmen as they embraced their alien theme, while sophomores represented heroes and villains, juniors captured mythologies and seniors showcased the apocalypse. 

“The blackout aspect of the rally was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen,” junior and cheerleader Mustafa Ipekci said. “It was very unique.”

As always, varsity cheer kicked the rally off to a strong start, preceding features from wrestling, boys soccer, girls basketball, Taara, girls soccer, Winter Guard, Viking Vocalists and boys basketball. Each class also performed dances in unique, reflective outfits with neon and holographic tones.

“I had so much adrenaline from all the cheering during the performances,” sophomore Winter Rally dancer and Winter Guard performer Charlene Yang said.

The rally culminated with the reveal of the final rankings for the annual Coin Wars. In celebration of the victory of the class of 2025, the junior class officers were pied. Concluding the rally was a stirring performance of the alma mater by senior Derek Li, winner of this year’s Lynbrook Idol. 

Photos and reporting by Qianzi Loo and Olivia Yuan.