The Epic

Lynbrook students reflect on prominent women in their lives for Women’s History Month

Back to Article
Back to Article

Srinidhi Seshadri

Every year on March 8, women across the globe come together to celebrate International Women’s Day. Not only is it a day of unity meant to commemorate womanhood, but it is also a day of protest against sexism. The official theme for the 2019 International Women’s Day, as announced by the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change” to encourage women and girls around the world to work toward gender equality. With this year’s theme, the UN wishes to encourage everyone to innovate in ways to guarantee women playing decisive roles in their lives, especially in the workforce. During March, Women’s History Month, Lynbrook students reflected on women who have been great influences on their lives.

About the Contributors
Srinidhi Seshadri, Web Editor

Srinidhi is a rising senior and the Web Editor this year. Through her time on the Epic she's come to love all aspects of journalism (especially video-journalism)....

Enzo Cabaltica, Writer

Enzo is a junior who is grateful to be part of the Epic staff this year. This year, he hopes get to know the staff, improve his writing skills and become...