Current Events
  • May 3Valkyries Spring Show
  • May 6Sports and Activities Information Night
  • May 7Board Meeting
  • May 10Last day to withdraw from a class with a “W” in second semester
  • May 11FUHSD Centennial Celebration
  • May 6-24AP testing

the Epic

the Epic

the Epic

TRENDING STORIES
Archives
Support student journalism and subscribe to the Epic's print publication here.

Varsity wrestling senior night

With the thundering echoes of an adrenaline filled crowd, the wrestling arena came alive. On Tuesday, Jan. 23, wrestlers faced off Gunn High School’s titans and dominated the padded mats and pinned their opponents with lightning speed, securing a win of 52-18. During these duels, the spotlight was cast on the team’s seniors, who were finally able to celebrate their dedication and hard work that defined their high school athletic career. This senior night bade farewell to 13 wrestlers, making it the largest class of graduating seniors that the wrestling team has had since the past decade. Seniors Yusuf Gadelrab, Riki Murase, Neale Pathak, Eshwar Rajasekar and Sivaan Sharma had all secured pins to end their final varsity home match victoriously. 

Family and friends also crowded the bleachers, waving personalized posters and hyping the arena. In between two matches, customary chants echoed through the gymnasium, each one motivating a different teammate to push themselves to the limit. Though some wrestlers had fallen short of victory, the wrestling team had demonstrated amazing sportsmanship, acknowledging opponents with handshakes and embraces. Senior night festivities ended with each senior giving a speech, reflecting on their unique and rewarding journey in wrestling.