Varsity football vs Fremont High School Oct.7

Jasmine Rihal and Katie Chin

Fighting determinedly against the persistent contenders, varsity football lost to Fremont High School with a score of 27-7 on Oct. 7. The Firebirds dominated the first half of the game, scoring a total of 27 points in the first half. However, the Vikings gained some momentum and senior Ojas Gupta scored a touchdown in the last quarter. 

The halftime show boasted a spectacular performance from the Valkyries, dancing elegantly across the field to an upbeat tune. Lynbrook’s marching band and color guard team presented their astounding show, “The Summit”. Precise formations of students paraded to the beat of the drums, and music permeated the evening air with the swift movements of the conductors’ hands. The color guard team twirled flags in the air and danced gracefully around the band.

In the beginning of the third quarter, the Vikings suffered numerous injuries and a player was taken off the field in an ambulance. Despite these difficulties, the team fought back valiantly in the second half.

“In the first half we just didn’t come out with the intensity that we needed,” senior Alex Wright said. “We’re just not playing with the energy that we need and we have to start building it up.”

The Vikings will be facing the Monta Vista Matadors on Friday, Oct. 14 at Monta Vista High School. 

View the full photo gallery at the link in our bio or at lhsepic.com.

Photos and Reporting by Katie Chin and Jasmine Rihal.