The Epic

Varsity football plays home opener against Andrew Hill

Patricia Wei, Nicole Ong, and Ashley Song

The Lynbrook varsity football team played their first home game of the season on Friday, Sept. 1 against Andrew Hill High School. Amid the heat of the evening, the Vikings gave a strong effort and overcame challenges, including multiple injuries, throughout the game. The final score was a loss of 14-54. Due to heat concerns, the JV game, originally scheduled before the varsity game, was cancelled.

Following Lynbrook tradition, football players wore their navy blue jerseys to school over semi-formal clothing.

Members of the frosh-soph football team: (left to right) Arul Parakash Saravanan, Sahil Bhatia, Andrew Yang, Lucas Ling and Daniel Vanwiggeren.

Varsity players Jay Lee and Ashwin Kaushik.

Here are some photos of action from the game.

John Bouchie, Kevin Li, Daniel Vanwiggeren and the rest of the team react to a successful play at the final seconds of the first half. Photo by Patricia Wei.

The next game is scheduled on Friday, Sept. 8 against Mills High School at the Lynbrook stadium.

Photos by Nicole Ong, Ashley Song and Patricia Wei.

About the Writers
Patricia Wei, Web Director
Patricia is a senior and a web director for the Epic. To her, journalism is a way of seeing the world with curiosity and compassion. She believes that everyone has a story to tell, and it is an honor for her to hear and share the stories of the people around her.  
Nicole Ong, Writer
Nicole Ong is a sophomore with interests in medicine, biology, and American history. She enjoys listening to music, learning, eating, and sleeping. Her favorite artists and musicals include Jon Bellion, Ed Sheeran, Hamilton, Rent, and Lady Gaga. She is always eager to learn about the world around her. She aspires to be a trauma surgeon...