The Epic

Five songs to add to YOUR playlist

Kelsey Lu, Photo Editor

Recently, I’ve been listening to the five songs listed below nonstop. These songs encompass different beats and sounds. Put on a pair of earbuds and let’s go on a roller coaster of songs!

Havana – Camila Cabello, Young Thug

This upbeat song has been played a little too much on my Spotify playlist. Whenever I hear this song, I feel like I’m in a music video where everyone is having a good time. The slow beats mixed with the the singers’ voices makes me want to just dance!

Somebody – AJ Mitchell

This song makes me want to get up from my chair and dance like nobody’s watching. Whenever this song comes up, I feel the need to stop what I’m doing and have a good time, singing and dancing. Even if I’m in the library studying, I’ve got to take a quick three minute break and just have a mini dance session when I hear this song. The cool bass and beat makes this a perfect song for a dance party!

Cinnamon – Jome

Whether you are doing math homework or just relaxing, this song is perfect to help you concentrate or de-stress. In contrast to the previous two songs, this song makes me want to either get back to work or take a breather. The singer’s soothing voice with the beat makes this song a great addition to your study playlist. I definitely recommend this song if you want to get some work done and have a nice tune in the background to help you stay productive.

Guillotine – Jon Bellion, Travis Mendes

When I first saw the title of this song, I was hesitant to listen to it. Once I got over that hesitation and gave this song a listen, I quickly fell in love. I love the soothing first verse and the gradual transition to the upbeat chorus. What I learned from this song is to not judge a song by its title.

Home (feat. johnny yukon) – gnash, Johnny Yukon

One of the things I love about this beautiful song is the story and message it conveys. I love gnash and his style of music and once I heard this song, I smiled from ear to ear. His unique voice and the beautiful message in his song make it a strong piece to include in anyone’s playlist.

Spotify playlist for this week’s Music Monday:

Spotify playlist with all Music Monday songs:

About the Writer